Like every month this month also we have some themes my theme for this week is Tawa fried recipe. Actually I was suppose to start my themes from first week but could't do because of health reasons. So I have started my posts from second week with tawa recipes.
When I have selected this theme the first recipe came to my mind is this tawa frided vegetables. My mother use to make this chops as a side dish with pappucharu or tomato pappu or dosakaya pappu this is the perfect combination. For today recipe I used raw banana other then this you can make this chops with potato, yam and eggplant, ridge gourd. when you are using eggplant or ridge gourd no need to boil the vegetable before you fry them on tawa
I used red chilli paste for this recipe for red chilli paste soak few dry red chillies in warm water remove from water add a table spoon water and grind in to a smooth paste. In the place of this red chilli paste you can add red chilli powder that will give a different flavor That's totallr your choice.
So let's check the recipe.....
Raw banana --- 1
Red chilli paste --- 1 tea sp
Ginger garlic paste -- 1 tea sp
Turmeric powder --- 1/4 tea sp
Gram flour --- 1 tab sp
Fine samolina --- 1 tab sp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Peal and slice raw banana in to thin long pieces. Place them in a pan and cover with water, add a big pinch of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder, cover with a lid and cook till banana pieces are half cooked.
2. Drain the water and spread banana pieces on a kitchen towel to remove the extra moister.
3. Mix red chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, gram flour add a tea sp of water mix well to make a paste.
4. Spread this red chilli paste on boiled banana pieces eveny
5. Roll this spiced banana pieces in fine samolina and set a side.
6. Heat a tawa and sprinkle little oil and place banana pieces on it and fry till golden.
Serve with dal and rice or you can serve this banana chops as a starter.