This mixed vegetable bhurji is a perfect vegetarian recipe with lot's of vegetables. But you need a lot's of patience to make this because chickpea flour batter will take time to crumble and coat on vegetables. Use a non-stick pan in a normal pan the bhurji will stick to the bottom and burn. And non-stick pan will take two table spoons oil and in a normal pan it will take more oil, So choice is up to you.
So let's check the recipe....
Carrot -- 1/4 cup finely chopped or grated
Cabbage --- 1/4 cup finely chopped
Fresh beans --- 1/4 cup finely chopped
Cauliflower --- 1/4 cup finely chopped
Onion --- 1 big finely chopped
Green chillies --- 4 finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves -- 1/2 cup finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste --- 1 tea sp
Oil --- 2 tab sp
Cumin seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Coriander seeds --- 1/2 tea sp crushed
Cumin seeds --- 1/2 tea sp crushed
Red chilli powder --- 1 tea sp
Salt to taste
Chick pea flour --- 3 tab sp
1. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds let then crackle then add chopped onion and fry till soft, add chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste give a good stir.
2. Add chopped beans fry for a while then add chopped cabbage and cauliflower mix well keep the flame low cover and cook for two minutes.
3. Now add chopped carrot mix well, sprinkle table spoon of water cover and cook for two more minutes by this time vegetables are nearly half cooked.
4. Take chickpea flour in a bowl add red chilli powder, crushed coriander and cumin seeds, salt to taste mix well add water and bake thin batter like rava dosa batter.
5. Give a good stir to the vegetables in the pan and pour this chickpea flour batter on them and cover with a lid and leave it on a very low heat for two minutes.
6. After two minutes remove the lid stir the bhurji well to make it scramble.
But for the first time it will stick to your spatula and to the pan so keep on stirring every few seconds to make it like bhurji.
Keep the heat in low all the time till your bhurji is finished other wise it will burn so keep an eye on it don't leave it on the stove.
Sprinkle finely chopped coriander leaves mix well and switch off the heat.
Serve this mixed vegetable bhurji with rice and rasam...