Lets check the recipe....
Raw banana ---- 1 cut in to rounds
Green chillies ---- 4
Ginger --- 1 inch piece
Cumin seeds --- 1 tea sp
Dhalia (fried gram) --- 1/4 cup (putnalu, porikadalai)
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder --- a big pinch
Oil for deep frying
1. Peal and cut raw banana and cut in to rounds, steam cook raw banana till banana become soft or you can pressure cook for two whistles.
2. Mash well with a potato masher make sure that no lumps will be there.
3. Make a fine powder with fried gram cumin and set a side.
4. Now make a paste with ginger, green chilli with very little water.
5. In a mixing bowl take mashed banana, fried gram powder, ginger and green chilli paste, garam masala salt to taste, mix well with your hands to make dough.
this should be like a potato tikki dough, if you feel there is extra moisture in the dough you can add a little besan to make it in to right consistency.
6. Mix well and make small vadas like masala vada.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and drop this banana vadas in to hot oil and reduce the heat to low and fry till golden brown.
Remove from oil and serve with tomato sauce.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#54