Recipe adopted from here
All purpose flour (maida) --- 1/6 cup (2 tab sp and 2 tea sp Thanks for this measuring Idea Valli)
Milk --- 1/2 cup
All purpose flour(maida) --- 2 and half cups
Sugar --- 3 and half tab sp
Salt --- 1 tea sp
Curd or yogurt --- 1/4 cup
Baking soda --- a pinch
Instant yeast -- 2 tea sp
Butter --- 3 tab sp
1. I a sauce pan mix milk and flour till you get a lump free mixture.
2. Heat this milk and flour mixture, keep stirring till you get a sticky dough.
3. Remove from heat and cover with a cling wrap, set a side to cool.
NOW START MIXING THE DOUGH...
1. Mix curd with baking soda mix well and set a side.
2. In a big mixing bowl take flour, sugar, yeast, salt, prepared tangzong, curd and baking soda, add 1/2 cup water and knead in to a sticky dough.
3. Now add butter and knead well to incorporate the butter, Then keep kneading for 10 minutes.
The dough should pass the window pane test, that means if you take a small piece of dough and stretch between your fingers like a square and the dough should be thin enough to pass the light and that should not brake. If the dough breaks start kneading again, mostly this process will take 10 minutes for me...
4. Now make a big ball out of this dough, grease a big bowl with oil and lightly rotate the dought in the bowl so that dough should coat with oil.
5. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and set a side to raise this will take 1 hour to 2 hours. Mine took 1 and half hour to 2 hours some times depends on climate. The dough should become double in size and when you press the the dough with your finger that hole should stay like that.
Custard powder ---- 60 grams
Milk --- 100 ml
Tuti fruti ---- 50 grams
1 tab sp custard powder
2 tab sp milk
Combine both milk and custard powder mix well and set a side.
Now prepare the custard...
Now mix custard powder with little milk, pour the remaining milk and cook till it become like a thick pudding like batter.
Cool it completely then add tuti fruti mix well and set a side.
Now punch down the dough and place it on a floured working surface and roll the dough in to 15"x 11" rectangle shape.
Now spread the custard on the dough and rol lup the dough tightly make sure the custard contain in side.
Pinch the edges and place this roll in a greased round cake tin cover and set a side for second raise.
Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C. for 10 minutes.
Now place the custard bread in the pre heated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or it turn in to golden on top.
Cool the bread completely on a wire rack cut and enjoy this sweet creamy bread with a cup of green tea..
This bread won't stay in room temperature so leave it tin the fridge and in fridge it will stay good for two days because of custard in side.....