For me they didn't puffed up like regular batura. when I drooped them in hot oil slowly they puffed up but when they are out from oil with in few seconds they came down. They tasted really wonderful with green chutney for me and hubby enjoyed them with sweet chutney and onion slices. Let's check the recipe.
All purpose flour (maida) ---- 1 cup
Potato ---- 2 medium boiled and mashed well
Baking powder ----- 1/2 tea sp
Fresh coriander leaves --- 2 tab sp finely chopped
Green chillis -- 2 finely chopped
Red chili powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Garam masala powder ---- 1/2 tea sp
Cumin seeds ---- 1/2 tea sp
Roasted coriander seeds powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Salt to taste
Water ----- 1/4 cup
Oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl take all the ingredients exept oil mix well.
2. Add little by Little oil and knead in to a soft dough.
3. Divide that dough into equal portions roll in to balls cover and set a side.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Now roll the dough balls in to circles like regular puri s
6. Slowly drop this aloo baturas in to hot oil and fry till golden.
Remove from oil and serve hot with chana masala or green chutney.
Let's check the blogging marathon page Here