Potato ---- 1 big peel and cut in to small cubes
Carrot ---- 2 peel and cut in to small cubes
Beans --- 50 gms cut in to half inch pieces
Pumpkin ---- half inch pieces 1 cup
Brinjal ---- 4 cut in to half inch pieces
Onion ---- 1 big finely chopped
Tomato ---- 1 big finely chopped
Curry leaves --- 2 springs
FOR MASALA PASTE:--
Grated fresh coconut --- 3 tab sp
Poppy seeds --- 1 tab sp
Dalia (fried chick peas, pottukadalai, buna chana) --- 1 tea sp
Ginger --- 1/2 in ch piece
Garlic ---- 6 cloves
Green chillis --- 4 or according to your taste
Yogurt (curd) --- 1/2 cup
Coriander powder --- 1 tea sp
Fennel seeds --- 1/2 tea sp
Cashew nuts --- 6
Oil -- 3 tea sp
Cloves --- 4
Cinamon --- 1 inch stick
Cardamom -- 3
Bay leaves --- 2 broken
Cumin seeds -- 1 tea sp
Fennel seeds -- 1/2
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander leaves 1 tab sp for garnishing
Garam masala powder ---1/4 tea sp optional
1. Grated fresh coconut, poppy seeds, dalia,ginger,garlic,green chillis,
yogurt (curd), Coriander powder,fennel seeds,cashew nuts grind all these ingredients in to a fine paste and set a side.
2. Heat oil in a pan add cloves, cinamon, cardamom, bay leaves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and let them splutter
3. Then add curry leaves, chopped oinion and fry till translucent.Don't over fry the onions if onion turn in to brown then youe garvy also change the color, we have to keep them white because we are making a white gravy.
4. Add chopped tomato cook for a few minutes then add vegetable pieces, salt to taste, 2 cups of water cover and cook in a medium heat for 10 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
5. Now add ground masala give a good stir cover and cook for 10 more minutes in a medium heat or till oil separates from the gravy. Here check the gravy if your gravy is too thik then add 1/2 cup more water mix well and bring to full boil, adjust the seasoning cook for 2 more minutes in a medium heat and switch off the heat, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Idlis, kaldosa, iddiyappam, appam, chapati, ghee rice or simply with white rice even this a wonderful combination with poori too.
This is my first post for Blogging Marathon 29th edition under Cooking With Colors theme let's check other BM members recipes here