Take care when you dip stuffed mushrooms in the chickpea flour mixture. Make sure that batter should coated all over the stuffed mushroom . Otherwise the fill may come out and spoil the oil. When you add salt to the chick pea batter keep in mind that we ass salt in the filling also.Ok lets check the recipe....
Mushrooms --- 10
Besan (chick pea flour) --- 1 cup
Carom seeds (ajwain, vamu) --- 1 tea sp
Salt ---- 1/4 tea sp
Red chilli powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Water ---- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup
Oil ---- 1 tab sp
Capsicum ---- 1/2 cup chopped
Corn kernels --- 1/4 cup
Onion ----- 1 small finely choped
Green chutney (what we use for chat) --- 1 tab sp
Cumin seeds --- 1/2 tea sp
Ginger garlic paste --- 1/4 tea sp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Rinse mushrooms in running water and wipe with a kitchen towel, remove the stem and set a side.
2. Heat one tab sp oil in a pan add cumin seeds let them fry for a while then add choped onion and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Now add choped capsicum, ginger garlic paste mix well and cooke for 2 minutes then add cornkernels, green chutney, salt to taste mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
Remove from heat and set a side.
4. Now mix a batter with chick pea flour, red chilli powder, carom seeds, salt and water.
This batter should be little thick the regular bajji bater hummm should be like a cake batter consistency.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
6. Fill the vegetable mixture in mushroom.
7. Keep a tea sp full vegetable mixture in the mushrom hole and pres lightly with a spoon. So that the filling go in side the mushroom properly.
8. Now dip this stuffed mushroom in the chick pea batter. Make sure that the batter should cover all over the stuffed mushroom.
9. Slowly drop this stuffed mushroom in to the hot oil and fry till they turn in to golden color.
Serve hot with Green chutney and tomato ketchup
This is my second recipe with the theme of Stuffed dishes for blogging marathon 18 th edition at Vallis spice your life lets check blogging marathon page