One more snack that we all want to munch is Pakodi . Pakodis are all time favorite tea time snack for Indians. The ingredients what we use for pakodi is healthy, but the way we cook them is not a healthy way, That is deep fried. I wanted to change this unhealthy way of cooking in to healthy way our favorite snack. First I made them in a paniyarm pan that also took 1/4 cup oil to cook. I am not happy with this exprement, because when we deep fry also they suck the same amount of oil which i used in paniyaram pan.
Then I tried them baked first I made onion pakodi, they came out realy good and taste delicious. After some time again tried with cabbage they came out well after that i stop deep frying pakodi. Now lets check how i made baked mixed vegetable pakodi ....
Chick pea flour (besan, senagapindi, kadalai mavu) -- 1 cup
Rice flour --- 1 tab sp
Red chilli powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Salt --- 1/2 tea sp
Baking powder --- 14 tea sp
Carom seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Ginger and green chilli paste --- 1 tea sp
Carrot --- 1/2 cup finely chopped
Beans --- 1/2 cup finely chopped
Potato -- 1/4 cup finely chopped
Capsicum --- 1/2 cup finely chopped
Onion --- 1 big cut in to very thin slices
Olive oil --- few drops for toping (optional)
1. Chop all vegetables in to fine pieces I used carrot, capsicum, potato, green beans you can add finely chopped cabbage and leafy veges like amaranth leaves, spinach and cauliflower also.
2, Cut onion in to thin slices and take all the vegetables in to big mixing bowl.
3. Add chick pea flour, rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, baking powder, carom seeds, ginger and green chilli paste, mix well to combine evry thing well so that the flour mixture should coat on every piece.
4. Sprinkle little water and make a batter like showen in the above picture. Sprinkle very little water because we are going to bake them. If you add more water it will take more time to bake.
Heat oven in 200 degree C. for 10 minutes.
5. Greas a baking try with little oil.
6. Take small portions from flour and vegetable mixture and place them on the greased baking try.
7. Place this pakodi try in pre- heated oven and bake for 10 minutes.
8. After ten minutes remove the try from oven drop 1 drop of olive oil on each pakodi and again place the pakodi try in the oven and bake for 7 more minutes.
9. After seven minutes remove the try from oven by the time your healthy baked pakodi s are ready to serve.
This is my second recipe with the theme of deep fried snack made healthy by baking or steaming for blogging marathon 18 th edition at Vallis spice your life lets check blogging marathon page