When ever we talk about Italian food first comes Pasta to our mind.Pasta in it's many forms is a staple food of Italian cuisine. There are two types of pastas which they use in Italian cuisine they are dried pasta and wet pasta. Dried pastas are very popular now in all over world but now a days wet pasta s also getting popular. In this dried pasta Macaroni is one which is very popular. Macaroni is most popular baked with cheese.
There are many verities of pasta in India also getting popular with this short dried pasta, Today's my fusion recipe is Pasta Butter Masala. In this BM theme I used long pasta as spaghetti and egg pasta sheets for Ravioli and now I like to use this cute Short pasat Macaroni with typical Indian butter masala which normally we make with paneer as paneer butter masala. Hope you all like my creation, let's check the recipe.
Cooked Pasta ---- 2 cups
For cooked pasta boil 1 lit water in a pan with little salt and 1/2 tea sp oil bring to a full boil.
Add 1 and 1/2 cup pasta to the boiling water cook till pasta become soft now pasta is ready for pasta butter masala.
Tomato puree ---- 2 cups
Thick cream --- 1/2 cup
Onion --- 1 cup cut in to cubes
Ginger garlic paste --- 1tea sp
Coriander and cumin powder (dhaniya, geera powder) --- 1 tea sp
Turmeric powder ---- 1/2 tea sp
Garam masala powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Red chili powder – 1 tea sp (especially Kashmiri chili powder that gives a nice color to the gravy)
Kasuri methi --- 1 tab sp
Cashew nut paste --- 1 tab sp
Butter 2 tab sp
Salt to taste
1. Peel, wash and cut onion in to cubes, and cook till soft in little water (cook in 1 cup water, and strain the water and leave a side. This water you can use in the gravy). Cool and grind in to a smooth paste.
2. Dry roast Kasuri Methi and crush with your hand and leave a side
3. Now heat butter in a pan and add onion paste and fry till light brown color. Then add ginger garlic paste and stir for a min.
4. Then add all powder masalas like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander and cumin powder, garam masala powder and mix well then add cashew nut paste and tomato puree, salt to taste and cook till butter leaves from the sides of the pan.
5. Now add cooked pasta mix well and add cream and kasuri methi mix well and cook for 2 more min. and remove from the heat.
Serve this with garlic bread.
This is my sixth recipe for Blogging Marathon 15 th edition in the theme of Cook Italian in Indian style and lets check the Marathon page.