I know my yesterdays recipe Munakkaya pappu had a long list of ingredients and little long process too. Today's recipe is simple and easy to make and you can say this is a healthy recipe too. This recipe is fro my grand mother (fathers mother). she used to make the same recipe with cabbage to and with a combination of rice and rasam or with pulusu. Here is the recipe..
INGREDIENTS:--Carrot -- 1/2 kg
Moong dal -- 1 cup
Green chillies --- 4
Onion --- 1
Turmeric powder -- 1/4 tea sp
Salt to taste
Oil --- 2 tea sp
Mustard seeds --- 1/2 tea sp
cumin seeds -- 1/2 tea sp
Curry leaves --- 2 springs
1. Cut carrot in to small pieces ( means chopped carrot, I used my onion chopper to chop carrot).
2. Finely chop onion and green chillies too
3. Wash and soak moong dal in enough water for 1/2 hour.
4.Now heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves fry for a while then add chopped onion and green chillies fry for 2 minutes in a low flame, add soaked dall and cook in a medium flame.
5. when the dall is 1/4 cooked add chopped carrot, salt, turmeric powder cook in a medium flame till carrot is cooked and dall is half cooked and all the water is evaporated.
6. Now keep the flame in high and stir for 2 minutes or till the curry become dry. There should not be moisture in this curry and carrot and dall are half done not over cooked.
Serve hot with rasam and rice or with roti..
Here is my one more recipe for delicious dall s theme in Blogging marathon 12 th edition at Vallis spice your life lets check the Marathon page