Now a days I trying oats recipes.I have them as a porridge but my husband doesn't like oats as a break fast. As every body knows oats are generally considered as a healthy food.Its consumption is believed to lower bad cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.It contain soluble fiber this type of fiber helps to reduce the bad cholesterol.In India people are accepting this in there meal.Few years back only Quaker oats is there in Indian market but now there are some Indian brands also and nothing different between both products any way. in my oats recipes list I tried this cookies with some nutty flavor hope you all like this check it here..........
This is my 4th recipe for blogging marathon#6 group 2
Whole wheat flour --- 250g
Oats --- 100g
Baking powder --- 1/2 tea sp
Sugar ---- 30 g
Butter ---- 50g
Almond ----- 10
Cashew nuts --- 1 tab sp (for topping)
Cardamom ---- 4
Milk ----- 1 tab sp if required
1. For almond powder take 10 almonds and dry roast then for few seconds, grind in to a coarse powder and set a side.
2. Take sugar and cardamom seeds and grind in to a fine powder.
3.In a mixing bowl take wheat flour,oats,baking powder,1/2 tab sp cashew nuts mix well to combine every thing, set a side.
4. In a other mixing bowl take butter and sugar powder,beat this two ingredients till they turn in to a creamy texture.
5.Now add wheat flour and oat mixture mix well to make a stiff dough.
6. In this stage you feel that the dough is stiff then add 1 tbsp milk and mix well.
7. In the mean while preheat the oven at 200C for 10 minutes.
8.Roll the dough in to 1/4 in thick circle and cut with cookie cutter9.Place them on the greased baking tray and bake for 15 minutes at 170 c
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.Transfer this crisp nutty flavored cookies in a air tight container.
Let's check the other marathoners
I am sending this to Kid's delight- Mini bites event at Champa shere