Nov 15, 2009

DRY FRUIT HALWA

Photobucket

This dry fruit halwa is from my mom's kitchen.Halwa with lots of nuts,Amma made this delicious halwa for both of us(me and my hubby).She already prepaired her menu for my vecations before I landed here.When I eat a piece of this halwa and told superb amma she gave a beautiful smile to me and i enjoyed that smile.And this halwa is really so mouth-watering with a special ingredient thats my moms love............
Hope now you all understand where i am yaa I am in India for vecation...
Photobucket
INGREDIENTS:------
Maida (all purpose flour) --- 1 cup
sugar ---- 1 cup (or according to your taste you can increase or decrease the sugar)
Yellow food color --- 2 pinches
Cashew nuts --- 20 broken

Almonds --- 20 chopped
Pista -- 20 chopped(fry all nuts in ghee till light brown color)
Netmeg powder --- 1/4 tea sp
Ghee --- 1 cup
Cardamom powder --- 1 tea sp

METHOD:----
Now add little water to sugar and boil it to make a sticky syrup(add a little water to sugar don't add too much water ).

Shift maida in to a big bowl and add water to make a thin batter like rava dosa batter and add food color to this maida batter and leave a side.Now add maida mixture to the sugar syrup keep stirring well. with in 6-8 min it will get thick.

In the same time heat the ghee, now start adding the ghee to the maida and sugar syrup mixture and keep stirring.
The halwa would absorb all the ghee then again add some more ghee and keep stirring.

By the time you finish the ghee halwa starts to leave the sides of the pan and it will become like a ball around to your laddle. Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
Now add fried dry fruits, netmeg powder mix well.
Now transfer it in to a greased plate and make it flat with a spoon and let it cool and cut in to pieces.
enjoy your sweet.
This will stay for 15 days if you keep it in the fridge 1-2 month s
When ever you want to serve remove from the fridge and keep it in the microwave for 5 sec. and serve.
This process will give a fresh taste and texture to halwa.






45 comments:

Pari Vasisht said...

Hi Rekha read ur interview at EC's blog and now reading ur post. The Halwa looks absolutely yumm.

Abhilash said...

Thats a superb halva. I will show this to my mother. She was always looking after the recipe for a halva. Hey! one question. Can we use jaggery instead of sugar. I really want to try this.

I will try it with the proportions less than the ones you used to avoid wastage if it does not come upto expectations.

My mom always say, when you prepare less it always tastes better.

Priya Suresh said...

Wow glossy halwa looks delicious and tempting Rekha, enjoy ur vacation dear..

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Easy & interesting ,must give a try

SE said...

hi padma..came here through EC's blog..good to know about you..

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

yummy halwa! Enjoy your vacation...

Deepthi Shankar said...

nice rich halwa, Padma .. looks yumm

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Excellent.... I like the step by step presentation...
Though am not very fond of it.. I m sure to treat my sweet toothed H with it:)

Unknown said...

Surely delicious one, it was nice to read about in EC's.

Sarah Naveen said...

Halwa look so rich and yummy!!!
Wanna grab it now!!!

Tina said...

Nice preparation dear...Mouthwatering and colourful Halwa..

my kitchen said...

Bookmarked this halwa,Tempting one, looks so good

Parita said...

WOW the halwa looks sooooo rich! I have never tasted this but sure to make it soon, I am sure my dad will love this :-)
Thanks for sharing!

Saritha said...

Wonderful looking halwa rekha,tell aunty that even i want to eat :)

Have a great vacation :)

Sanghi said...

Wow.. tempting halwa dear! Looks soo delicious!;)

CurryLeaf said...

Wow,Love the step by step pics.Hope you have reached Blore.

notyet100 said...

my mother prepared posta halwa today before leaving ,this one is new for me,..enjoy ur vacation

Gita Jaishankar said...

Thats a delicious and healthy halwa...nice presentation Rekha :)

Finla said...

I love halwas , my mom used to make this when we were still living at home.
This looks so so yumm.

Uma said...

hmm. enjoying vacation with amma!! That's nice Rekha.. enjoy your break to the fullest. Halwa looks so gorgeous and yummy.

Anupama said...

Halwa looks super good :-)

Mythreyi Dilip said...

This is a delicious and rich sweet isn't! That too with lots and lots of amma's love, should have tasted divine:)

Unknown said...

so yummy...nice colour too...

bhavani said...

hi, happy anniversary.
vza lo unnava? atta kitchen, hand chusane.ok. enjoy.

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Enjoying mom's recipes and vacation. good :). Halwa looks so yummy...

Unknown said...

Thank you so much girls for all your lovely comments
And a big Thanks from my mom too
@Abhilash yes Abhi you can use jaggery insted of sugar but that taste different try and see.. I will also try with jaggery next time..

Raks said...

Great effort! Thanks for that wonderful recipe and stepwise picture!

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Usha said...

The halwa looks lovely and so tempting!

Padma said...

Delicious halwa.... crunchy and yummy... so looks like you are having a great time in India :)

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

looks delicious and tempting..i would love to try.

Yasmeen said...

love mom's fruit halwa,thanks for sharing :D

Recipeswap said...

wow this is wonderful!

Vidhya said...

yummy Halwa... Can u please parcel some to me...

Meaghan said...

Looks fantastic, and I appreciate all the detailed pictures!

Andhra Flavors said...

halwa bavundi but mirenti inta break tisukunaaru, anta fine kadaa....

lubnakarim06 said...

Want to taste it right now...looks yum...

KrsnaBhojana said...

Hi,
First time visitor to ur site..Just love ur site and the recipes..Really looks very yummy..

Aruna Manikandan said...

First time here....
Dry fruit halwa looks very tempting.
Love ur space..
Wonderful illustrated pictures

with luv,
ArunaManikandan
http://ensamayalkuripugal.blogspot.com

Shri said...

The halwa looks mouthwatering,Rekha!

Malar Gandhi said...

Halwa looks delicious, die hard fan of fruit halwa...I like ur version better and its very interesting, will try them soon..

Unknown said...

Halwa looks absolutely delicious!

Sumathi Karthikeyan said...

The Halwa looks delicious & Yummy...Will try this....

vij said...

Hi,
I just tried your Halwa, turned out delicious. so easy to make. Thanks for posting the recipe

vij said...

Hi,
I just tried your Halwa, turned out delicious. so easy to make. Thanks for posting the recipe