May 4, 2009

CARROT AND RAW MANGO CHUTNEY


Normally I make carrot chutney with little tamarind and green chilies. Coconut chutney with red chilies and tamarind. Yesterday when I grat carrot and raw mango for salad I got this idea. Actually I was thinking for chutney for tomorrow s break fast while tomorrow s breakfast is dosa so immediately I made this .that time I tasted it with rice hummmmm believe me this chutney is a very perfect combination for rice and dosas I didn't taste with idlies and here is the recipe….


Photobucket


INGREDIENTS:--
Carrot – 1 cup grated
Raw mango --- 1 cup finely chopped
Carrot – 1 tab sp finely chopped
Red chilies – 7 (according to your taste. I use 4 Kashmiri and hot red chilies 3)
Urad dal --- 1 tea sp
Cumin seeds – 1 tea sp
Fenugreek seeds --- 1/4 tea sp
Oil – 2 tea sp+ 1 tea sp
Mustard seeds --- 1 tea sp
Asafetida – 1/4 tea sp
Curry leaves --- 10
Salt to taste


METHOD:----
1. Fry red chilies in a fry pan (with out oil) for 2 min in a medium flame remove and leave a side.
2. Then fry urad dal, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds in the same pan (with out oil) and add this to red chilies and grind in to a fine powder.
3. In the same pan heat 1 tea sp oil and add grated carrot and fry in a medium flame till its raw smell disappears.
4. Remove from heat and add this to red chili and urad dal powder and add raw mango pieces also add salt to taste if required add little water and grind in to a smooth paste.
5. Take out this chutney in to a bowl.
6. Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and let them popup then add asafetida and curry leaves let them fry for a while and add this and chopped carrot to the chutney mix well.
Serve with rice or dosa.


This is my entry for FIL - CARROTS at SANGHI S TASTYBITES

26 comments:

Deepthi Shankar said...

I love carrot chutney .. nice color

Anonymous said...

Wow,the chutney mankes me drool..what an innovative idea of making chutney..mango and chutney ? great great combo..colorful too !!

Saritha said...

Very innovative and looks delicious.Snaps is great :)

CurryLeaf said...

Love the combo.In salad I have had it but never in a chutney.Love the great colour.
Love the new look of the blog.

Indian Khana said...

Nice colour and looks yummy dear

Sanghi said...

Mmm delicious entry rekha..! Natural carrot Colour attracts me a lot..! will surely try out..! thanks..!:)

Priya Suresh said...

Thats a new combo..chutney looks gorgeous Rekha...lovely combination!

Unknown said...

looks lovely...never thought of making chutney(thuvayal) with carrots..sounds delicious..

Shama Nagarajan said...

wow..what a combo?...........yummy spicy colourful one

Shreya said...

what a lovely colour! I have carrots and raw mango in the fridge. Will try this for sure:-)

chef and her kitchen said...

lovely colored chutney..mango n carrot seems like gr8 combo too..

Nandinis food said...

Chutney's innovative! Lovely color and presentation!

sree said...

Mmm...looks good.I usually make mango and coconut chutney but never tried this one..looks so yummy.

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Sweetness of the carrot and tangy mangoes this is definitely my kind... Lovely color Rekha...

Pooja said...

Love this pachadi Rekha..Will try this..Color chala bagundi..Noru vuruthundi ..

Uma said...

yummy chutney Rekha! Sooooo temtping.

sowjanya said...

I add carrot and coconut when making pachadi like sorakaya, beerakaya. It tastes yummy. Nice pics.

Ramya said...

Once I tasted this at a gathering now I know how to do it, great colour

Cynthia said...

I can imagine how the sweetness of the carrot balances the tartness of the raw mango. Love the colour!

lubnakarim06 said...

Oh wow what a color......Love to dip my dosa in that chutney....Very vibrant and yum...Ummm thinking the combo of carrot and mango....

Cham said...

What a pretty color and lovely chutney!

Tina said...

wow mouthwatering nd colourful...i luv andhra food especially chutney's..ohhh so spicy nd yummy

Tina said...

wow so colourful....i luv andhra food specially chutney's..ohhh too spicy nd yummy

Chutneytales said...

Carrot and mango is a nice combo.Love the color of th chutney!

Parita said...

Wow lovely chutney..great combination of carrots and raw mangoes...yummy :)

Kalyani said...

wow a lovely chutney .. good to know a new one ...... nice color ....